Young Church Dublin
WMOF Encounter Our next Encounter will be Friday 24th August. This will be a special World Meeting of Families event in anticipation of the Pope’s arrival. We will have live music from the incredible Audrey Assad and our guest speaker for the night is the amazing Isaac Withers. Keep an eye on our Instagram and Facebook pages for details of this epic night!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Facebook www.facebook.com/theencounterdublincity | Instagram www.instagram.com/theyoungchurchdublin
Follow us on Instagram @theyoungchurchdublin to find out details of upcoming events and the work we do behind the scenes!
Dublin’s “Camino” for the World Meeting of Families
The World Meeting of Families 2018 Pilgrim Walk will take place from 18 – 25 August 2018. Pilgrims are invited, in a single day or over a few days during that week, to undertake the Walk. It involves visiting seven designated churches and spending time in prayer in each of them for a special intention for families before finishing the visit with the WMOF2018 prayer. Each pilgrim will be issued with a pilgrim walk passport which will be stamped at each church in the ancient tradition of the Camino of St James. A pilgrimage certificate of completion will be stamped when they arrive at the last of the seven churches. Each church will have a roster of ambassadors to meet the pilgrims, stamp their pilgrim passports and offer a WMOF cead míle fáilte. The churches can be visited in any order.
The route for the Pilgrim Walk includes the following churches:
- St Teresa’s Carmelite Church, Clarendon Street – the theme is “the gift of parents to the family.”
• St Francis Xavier’s, Gardiner Street – the theme is the role of teachers in enriching the children of our families.
• St Saviour’s, Dominick Street – the theme is God walks with families when times are tough
• St Michan’s, Halston Street –the gift of children to the family
• St Michan’s, Church Street –fostering the gift of forgiveness among families
• St Audoen’s Church, High Street –the gift of grandparents to the family
• Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Whitefriars), Aungier Street –love at the heart of the family
All churches will remain open each day between 9.30am and 7pm. You can download the Pilgrim Walk map in PDF form at www.dublindiocese.ie/7-church-pilgrim-walk-for-wmof2018
Registration for the World Meeting of families in 2018 is now open. Visit the Tickets Section on www.worldmeeting2018.ie to access information on the different type of tickets and registration available. Accommodation booking is also available online at time of registration through the same booking form on the website.